Blog Archive

Sunday, October 6, 2013

I Found "Courage"



Courage


I love this Willow Tree angel. Its name is "Courage." It's new and I found it at exactly the time I needed it. I whined about my lawyer/deadbeat husband woes in a previous post. I saw a counselor, talked to my friends, blah, blah, blah, then went to my favorite gift store and this little angel signaled to me to hang in there. Serendipity! She is now displayed on my mantle. I also got a figurine called "Happiness." I'll display that one when I hear from my lawyer that my ex finally agreed to do everything he agreed to do three years ago.
If anyone else out there is going through deadbeat husband woes, I feel ya'. I have found prayer works wonders. Shedding the burden and giving it to the Lord makes me feel light again.
I heard an awesome quote today by Jeffrey R. Holland: "Hope is never lost." When you think about it, it makes so much sense. I will never ever think again that I've lost all hope. That's just silly.

4 comments:

Shel Harrington said...

Your willow angel is a wonderful symbol. I look forward to seeing 'happiness!'

Unknown said...

I have one of those figurines. She's holding a heart. So glad you found this when you needed it!

Susan said...

Thanks, Shel. That's so sweet of you to say.

Susan said...

Thanks, Amy. I have quite a few of these figurines. I wish I could have them all. I love them. I found out "Happiness" (holding her arms out with blue birds on them) is being discontinued and it's always been one of my favorites, so I splurged and got it as well. Just waiting to display it. Sort of a goal, like. I should check and see if they have a figurine called "Impatient."